It's a familiar story, the long awaited holiday is finally on the horizon, but you have a million things to do before you can log-off. The pre-holiday stress of getting everything done before you jet off surely takes away some benefit of having a break which is vitally important for physical and mental wellbeing.
Beverly Landais has put together five top tips for preparing for a holiday to reduce this stress and to allow employees to make the most of their holiday when they are on it, in summary:
- Prepare for your holiday as you would a work critical matter
- Try 'time chunking' to get organised before you go
- Share your plans with colleagues and clients well in advance
- Get savvy with technology to allow you to switch off
- Choose how you focus the mind while you're away
Read Beverly's blog for further detail.
Beverly is a member of the Kemp Little HR Connect network, our network of complementary and specialist providers to support your wider HR needs.
The truth is we get so caught up in our work that we forget how to wind down and fully relax. Unless we make a plan to ensure otherwise, it is not surprising that work intrudes on personal time.